
Imagine
you're in a race against time. Except it's a a race for your life- except really it's just a race for fun.... Matt and I just did our first sprint triathlon.. wow. It was pretty tough! The funny thing was that everything I thought and expected about the race turned out to be exactly the opposite. I was most scared about the bike ride because I just started riding 2 months ago and just got the clip in shoes a week ago- a.k.a. you're feet are attached to the bike while you ride and if you don't slide them out before you stop, you tip like a dead animal (hence the bruises on my legs). Anyway, so I thought the swimming would be no big deal- I like the ocean and I can handle waves right? no big deal. And the run, well, there's nothing to it, right, one foot in front of the other...... WRONG! The bike turned out to be the most enjoyable and relaxing, relatively speaking. It was long and not too hilly- not so intense. The swim felt like it was a fight between you and the ocean and you start to feel really small. Those are some big waves out at Camp Pendleton! It was a lot scarier than I thought! So we did a 500 yard swim, 18 mile bike ride, and then came the longest 3 mile run of my life! My legs felt like lead and I thought I might literally die.. to make my run extra special, Matt's wave started 35 minutes before mine so as I was starting my run he was already done! He was all sipping on his gatorade and waving at me as I crawled by.. miserable.... but we did it! Weee! And now we can have cookies again!
7 comments:
WOW! Congrats! I am impressed. Way to go guys! You put my 30 minute pilates to shame!
You guys totally rock! Good job!
By the way, Matts arms...
Hey, come over to my blog and see what I made and tell me what you think.
Clinger Family Blog has moved from ivyandviolets.blogspot to Clingerfam.blogspot.com! Love you!
You guys look so good in your triathalon getup! haha you aare so funny.. I was just laughing while reading this... i love you so much and will call to catch up! have fun in mississippi!
Post a Comment