Thursday, February 11, 2010

Disneyland!

For my whole life I've sworn that I would never take a baby to Disneyland. It just seemed like too much work, and pointless because the baby wouldn't remember anything anyway. Then I actually had a baby, and the hold that Disneyland has on me was just too strong. How could I wait till I could leave James with someone for the day to return to the happiest place on earth? And what would that place be without my little love? Well, it would simply fail to be the happiest place on earth..

So, I was really excited, but quietly a little stressed about how the day would go- it's a long drive, I'm still James' sole food source, he gets really cranky if he misses his naps, etc... But, honestly, I don't think the day could have gone better in the end! He slept almost the whole way up, the weather was gorgeous, it wasn't crowded at all, and James is completely content as long as he's being held or is in the Baby Bjorn. We kept him in the Bjorn till he got sleepy, then switched him to the stroller, he napped a bit, and everything was just splendid!

James loved to watch the tea cups spin while we waited in line. Besides the cute 9 month old redhead he charmed that day, I think that was his favorite part of Disneyland :)





Happy baby

When we got home that night, Matt found this little hat and tried it on James- it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad the whole trip went so smoothly. I'm still afraid to take Caleb on any day trip, and he is eating lots of foods. Way to be brave!

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

Yah for Disneyland!! I love that place! Looks like you guys had a blast

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest picture of father and son right there:)

charlotte said...

what a perfect day!! he is so cute, holls. just love him!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! you look beautiful as always, and I'm pretty sure I gave james that hat along with his baseball quilt.. glad he likes it! I love you and your cute little family.

Erin and Dave said...

So fun!!! I feel the same way about babies and Disneyland, but since it has the same hold on me that it does on you.. I will probably take my baby too :)

Jessica said...

D-land is so fun! Cute pics!