Thursday, October 16, 2008

Something sour, something sweet...

2 things:

1) something sour: Yesterday at school I spilled ranch dressing down my pants and shoes.. I was only like 2 feet from my table- I made it all the way across the whole dang place, outside, and right up to my table and then i spilled it.. so stupid..... but- I will say that it was quite serendipitous that I happened to be wearing the stupidest outfit I could have ever put on.. I'll explain: All morning while I was getting ready, I was thinking about the cute outfit I would wear- I was going to wear my second favorite pair of jeans and my cute new little shiny steve madden flats. All the way up until I actually went in my room to get dressed I was going to wear them, and then at the last minute I decided I didn't want to waste a cute outfit on school and I was kind of in a frantic rush, so I threw on my oldest jeans and frumpy shoes instead. All day I kept asking myself why I had worn such a dumpy outfit... until that fateful salad dressing-dumping moment. I was so glad I wasn't wearing my cute clothes!

2) something sweet: So October 13th was Grandma and Grandpa Browning's anniversary! I was thinking about it all that day and it made me miss them so much! I don't remember Grandpa that well; I only have 3 memories. One was at his surprise party- I remember hiding in the kitchen and him walking in the door. Another is just sitting on his lap at the house at a family gathering. And the last was sitting on his lap at the Pit- I offered him a lick of my purple sucker- he politely declined :) I have loads of memories of little Grandma though! A couple years ago I got the special privilege to be her every-other-Tuesday grocery shopping chauffeur for at least 6 months I think. We had such good talks. I always felt I had so much in common with her and I always left our visits feeling so secure and confident in who I was. What a special gift that was! I miss her a lot but I'm so glad I got to have as much time with her as I did. What great grandparents we have! (I didn't have a pic of Grandpa but here's little Grandma)

4 comments:

joelandbecca said...

Oh make me cry! I was thinking about them all day too! I used to always call on their anniversary. I am so glad she married him! I miss them both so much!

Unknown said...

good call on the frumpy outfit:) I miss Grandpa and Grandma too. I was in a store a few days ago and could have sworn I smelled her "smell." Her perfume with a slight hint of vasaline lotion (which she used religiously at the Pit). It makes me happy to think she is still checking in on us.

Jessica said...

Haha I love your explanation of a dumpy outfit!! When I read your blog i seriously feel like im having a face to face convo with you. I love you holly lips and miss you! I miss little grandma too.. she was always so cute!

Ivy said...

Good call on the outfit!
I miss them too! But I'm happy they're together now!