5 years ago
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Two little Monkeys...
We have two little monkeys asleep downstairs! Not real monkeys, just Joe and Ben :) Ivy and Karl are in "Golowado" AKA Colorado this weekend so we have the special priveledge of having the twinsies over night! They got here around noon and it has been nonstop fun since! First we had hot dogs and goldfish and played Shrek on Matt's X box. Then we went for a walk down to the beach to play at the playground that we forgot was demolished.. the swings and dolphins are pretty much all that's left but they still had fun- for about 10 minutes and then decided they wanted to go home :) well the 3/4 of a mile was a pretty long walk for the 5 year olds so we carried them home. Oh but on the way there they kept stepping on all of the metal plate things and manhole cover things on the sidewalk and going "gling gling! That's an extra life!" (Their favorite video game is Super Mario Brothers) It was super cute. So after the beach we came back and watched a little bit of Monster House, but it was pretty scary so we watched a show on "Nicky-lodey-in" instead. Then off to dinner at Red Robin. They got to color their menus and Uncle Matt gave them a quarter for gumballs afterwards which became their Luigi mustaches for the rest of the night. We walked around UTC mall for a while and Uncle Matt even bought them a video game! We also wandered around a Halloween superstore and they had a blast in there. They each tried on a Shrek and Donkey mask and they looked so cute I wished I had a camera with me! Then it was off to get treats I promised them. They chose a package of Starburst and a Nerds rope :) We went home and played the new game for a while, put on jammies, had our treats and then they chose Enchanted for us to watch (Earlier while we were in the car I heard one of them humming one of the songs from Enchanted so I started singing it all animated to them and a few lines in Joe had his hands on his ears. I asked him why he was covering his ears and he said "I don't like that noise"...) ANYways, I put the monkeys to bed about an hour ago and they fell fast asleep within a few minutes. They look so sweet when they sleep! Oh one more funny thing- toward the end of Enchanted when he has to wake her up with true love's kiss, Joe turned to me and told me about how when he was playing with Lexi, he pretended to be Mario and she pretended to be Peach and then he... I said "kissed her?!" and he got the cutest little mischievous, but totally innocent, grin on his face...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a fun day! you and matt are going to be such lovely parents one day! Haha i love hearing stories about joe and ben.. Love you and miss you dearly. p.s. I have always loved your singing voice :)
So cute and fun! Oh I bet you are going to miss them tons! I miss my little people so much! I am so jealous you got to see them. I haven't even seen Joshua yet! But, we are going for Christmas! Can't wait. Well, we really want to come visit SD, but regardless, we would love love love it if you dropped by this neck of the woods too! Thanks so much for your love and support! I just love ya!
I love them! Thank you so much for watching them, and for showing them such a good time! They had so much fun. I hadn't heard the Lexi story... I'll have ask Joe about it later!
Post a Comment