Friday, June 26, 2009

My Buddy...

So I went to the Doctor's yesterday for my 34 week appointment. The nurse weighed me and said I had lost a pound since my last visit, and the doctor said it looked like the baby was measuring a little small. She said it was pretty normal to be measuring a little small at this point (whatever that means), but to go ahead and schedule another ultrasound. She didn't act like it was a big deal so I wasn't too worried, and I was a little excited that we would get to have another ultrasound since our last one was in March. My ultrasound appointment was this morning, and Matt was able to come with me so that was good. I started to worry a little more and more before we went in, but, all is well! The doctor is still going to look at the pictures and measurements and call me to talk about it, but according to the sonographer, he's looking great! He weighs 5lbs. 12 oz!!! She said I'm carrying him well which is why I don't look so big. It was such a different experience seeing him this time because he's so much bigger than he was at the last ultrasound. We could only see one little part of him at a time. Oh and he has a little bit of hair! At one point she was focusing on his face and his eyes and mouth were closed, and then all of a sudden he opened his mouth all wide- it was so cute! She was focusing on his feet at one point while his was jabbing me in the ribs. She pointed to the screen and was like "so that's where he's kicking you". I was just thinking, "really.. that's where he's kicking me? I wasn't aware.." Anyway, it was really cute. Oh and "he's still a boy" said the sonographer. It was pretty obvious :) Well I don't have a scanner but as soon as I can get the pictures scanned I'll put some of them up. He's so cute and I can't stop smiling! I'm so happy he's big and healthy and I can't wait till he comes out. Just about 5 weeks to go!
Just for fun, here's a fuzzy picture I took of myself right at 34 weeks.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute and so exciting! almost there!

joelandbecca said...

time is flying! easy for me to say! huh? i am so excited for you guys!

Jessica said...

Im glad he is a healthy baby! We want him to be nice and big so keep on eating!! Love you and cant wait to see you sooooon.

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

What a hot mommy! You are all baby! You will be wearing your jeans out of the hospital! hah. Love the sonographers....they all seem to have the same humor.

Ivy said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in a high pitched squeaky tone)

charlotte said...

you look so amazing!!! i can't believe you're having a baby in 5 weeks!! love and miss you guys!!

Jessica and Sean said...

Your belly is so dang cute! I am glad everything is going well with the baby!

karolina said...

Hope you are feeling good. Have you picked up name yet? He is going to be there pretty soon :-)Take a care