Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh Ingrid, my love...

Mom, Ivy, Jillian, and I got tickets to see Ingrid Michaelson at the House of Blues downtown last night. It was the best ever! It started at 6:30 and Ingrid didn't come out till 9:30 and we were standing the whole time (in heels- never will I wear heels again), but none of that mattered when she came out because she was so good! I didn't even realize how much I loved her music until last night and she was so cute and funny, so funny! We wish she could be our sister! Yes, we are shamelessly obsessively in love with her... We also really liked one of her openers to- Newton Faulkner. He was really good and hysterically funny also. We were right in the front too. Right before the end of the show these flashing lights and an alarm came on going "bwooooooop! bwooooooop! bwooooooop!" It sounding kind of cool with the song actually. Ingrid and the band were all confused though and were like, "ok I guess we should get out..." but then the people said we could stay so they did the last song and then left the stage. To get them to come back out the whole audience started going "bwoooooop! bwooooooop! bwooooooop!" It was really funny and she came out and did a little thing on the drums as we bwooooped. It was so cute. Oh and earlier they performed a song that she just wrote a week ago! It was really good, naturally.. Well we got out of there around 11 and to top of the night us girls got a few singing "shout outs" from a few of the resident bums.. "Sexy dancers.... shake that thing!...." All in all it was a magical night...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun! you ladies are too funny. Cant wait to see you my love.

Lindsay Rondo said...

oh how cool!! props to you guys for wearing heals! bet you looked good though. :)

Unknown said...

Heels and concerts don't mix. I learned the hard way too. Sounds like a blast!

Ivy said...

The MOST FUN EVER!