Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just call me a Mitten...

Who was at church today in the good ol' 7th ward? Oh just Mitt Romney... He and his wife bought a house in La Jolla so we thought we may see him at church at some point- there were Mitt sightings in the ward a couple weeks ago.. but then today.. he got up and bore his testimony! It was a really nice testimony and I assumed he probably skipped out after sacrament meeting so he wouldn't get bombarded with people, but then as I was sitting in the car after church waiting for Matt, I saw him sneak out the back. Anyway, it was pretty cool :)

7 comments:

Bowen and Shaelyn said...

That was so great! Our ward always gets the "Mormon celebrities". It's so funny

The Crandallions said...

oh man!!! i can't believe that!!! how cool is your ward :) i'm sure your dad told you but we saw him yesterday while hiking cowls mountain. and we got to catch up a bit. he sounded really excited about your new baby! he's a cute grandpa. i hope you're feeling better. we need to actually see each other one of these days it's been sooooo long. well talk to you soon wheatstack. oh and when i told ryan about mitt visiting your ward, he flipped! he loves him! ok, talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Wait, so he's in your ward or is he ward hoping until things cool down? Totally cool though. I'm sure having a man of such political clout in your ward would make things interesting. By the way, you and Matt inspired me to do a triathalon this year. I hope I can train in time:)

joelandbecca said...

WHAT!!! That is insane. I am such a huge Mitt fan. It would take everything in me to keep from attacking him in the middle of sacrament. I cannot wait to hear more of future sightings/stories. Maybe he and Matt will become home teaching companions. You can become buddies and travel the world together. haha

Erin and Dave said...

That so cool! Gordon saw him riding his bike a couple months ago and told us all about it! :)

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

I put a Ron Paul sticker on his car. heh j/k.... but i thought about it.

Anonymous said...

That is cool! Too bad I am not in that ward anymore... so much cooler people... like YOU!!! :)